The full Governing Board meets three times a year. Each member of the governing Board is also a member of one or more of our committees and may also have a specific area of responsibility. We have committees all of which give feedback to the full governing body:
- Resources: To deal with all matters delegated by the Governing Board regarding, Finance, the school premises and Health and Safety. To deal with matters arising regarding staffing, personnel and pay. Please see the Terms of Reference.
- Personnel:To deal with all matters delegated by the Governing Board regarding staffing and personnel.
- Curriculum: To deal with all matters delegated by the Governing Board regarding; Standards in school and Curriculum.
- Admissions: To deal with all matters related to school admissions.
These committees meet at least once each term. St. Teresa’s Governing Board consists of:
- Local Authority Governor: appointed by the LA
- Parent Governors: 2 parents are elected by other parents at school
- Foundation Governors 7: governors are appointed by the Diocese. These governors represent the views of the Bishop.
- Staff Governors: One governor is elected by the school staff.
- The Headteacher is also a governor.
- Associate Governors 2: Associate members do not form part of the constitution of the governing board of governors. They are additional people who bring useful skills to an aspect of the work of the governing body.
The standard term of office for a governor is four years. The Chair and Vice-Chair are elected annually at the first meeting of the academic year.
The Chair of Governors is Mrs Maureen Rogers who can be contacted via the school office.
The main Roles of the Governing Board
- Ensuring clarity of the Catholic vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Holding the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils;
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
Link to statutory guidance- https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/constitution-of-governing-bodies-of-maintained-schools
As a Catholic Voluntary Aided School we also have responsibility for maintaining the Catholic character of our school and ensuring that all our children have the opportunity to know, love and serve almighty God, and develop their full spiritual, moral, academic and physical potential in a caring atmosphere reflecting the true spirit of Christ’s love and compassion.
|Governor||Position||Role||Attendance at full governing body meetings 2021-22||Attendance at sub-committee meetings 2021-22|
|Father Clarke||Foundation Governor||0/3||N/A|
|Mr S Thornton||Assoc. Governor (Health and Safety)||N/A||N/A|
|Mrs J McKenna||Foundation Governor (Safeguarding)||3/3||4/4|
|Mrs D Stevens||Foundation Governor||3/3||3/3|
|Mrs M Rogers||Chair||Foundation Governor||3/3||4//4|
|Mr P Mortell||Vice Chair||Foundation Governor||3/3||4/4|
|Mr D Finch||Foundation Governor||3/3||2/2|
|Mrs C Uchendu||Assoc. Governor||2/3||2/3|
|Counc. J Walsh||LA Governor||3/3||N/A|
|Mrs S Bellis||Parent Governor||3/3||3/4|
|Mrs G Taylor||Parent Governor||3/3||4/4|
|Mrs B Beach||Staff Governor||3/3||4/4|
|Mrs S Burgess||Headteacher||3/3||11/11|
|Mrs S Collins||Foundation Governor||2/3||1/3|